Edit history: 2004-07-20, Version 1 by Bruno Haible
Status: For CLiki consideration
- Problem Description:
- The :documentation option applies to the whole type in "Syntax" but not to individual slots in "Arguments and Values" and "Description". DEFCLASS allows it in both places.
- Proposal (DEFINE-CONDITION-DOCUMENTATION:LIKE-DEFCLASS):
- In DEFINE-CONDITION, add a :documentation slot option.
- Test case:
- (define-condition my-error (error) ((slot :documentation "my slot")))
- Consistency with DEFCLASS.
- Current practice:
- SBCL and CLISP accept (define-condition my-error (error) ((slot :documentation "my slot"))) without error.
- Cost to Implementors:
- Cost to Users:
- Cost of Non-Adoption:
- Inconsistency of DEFINE-CONDITION and DEFCLASS.
- Consistency of DEFINE-CONDITION and DEFCLASS. Ability to set docstrings on condition slots.
- Bruno Haible supports proposal LIKE-DEFCLASS.