The latest version usually is available from Sourceforge.net
cc-bnc is an Application intended for learners of the English language wanting to optimize their vocabulary studies.
* cc-bnc means: compare and contrast with BNCweb
* is aimed at learners of English interested in optimizing their vocabulary studies.
* runs fine on the author's machine, but is considered to be alpha software
* is a *mini* web app using the hunchentoot webframework
* accepts a URI, parses it trough html2text (http://www.mbayer.de/html2text/), then lists for each word found at URI the corresponding frequency in the British National Corpus (BNC XML).
* software-wise interacts with your local copy of BNCweb (http://bncweb.info/, open source, version 4.2, available from the authors), which in turn depends on the data files of the BNC XML Edition (http://www.natcorp.ox.ac.uk/XMLedition/, see their page for prices).
* is tested on SBCL and Linux only.