Edit history: 2004-07-20, Version 1 by Bruno Haible
Status: For CLiki consideration
- Problem Description:
- According to the entry for DO, "do iterates over a group of statements while a test condition holds." But the iteration really continues until the test form returns true, which is more or less the opposite of what that sentence seems to suggest.
- Proposal (DO-SEMANTICS:CLARIFY):
- Change that sentence to read "do iterates over a group of statements until a test form returns true".
- Test case:
- Current practice:
- Cost to Implementors:
- Cost to Users:
- Cost of Non-Adoption:
- Bruno Haible says: I don't agree there is a problem. The text is clear enough.
- DanMuller supports CLARIFY: As a novice that went to the CLHS for a quick refresher while coding a DO form, the referenced phrase was the first thing I saw while quickly skimming the text, and it definitely led me down the wrong path.