It does not need any third-party tools from Adobe or others.
It is released with a BSD-style license.
It can be downloaded with quicklisp.
The old CL-PDF home page: http://www.fractalconcept.com/asp/cl-pdf
A old version of the documentation can be found in cl-typesetting: cl-pdf-doc.pdf.
CL-PDF is used by cl-typesetting, a Common Lisp typesetting engine.
Quick assessment (2023-09-07)
- Lines 49–56 of pdf.lisp: Doesn't work with lazy loading because the content is a closure, not a sequence.
- Lines 535–540 of pdf.lisp: Should carry over the no-compression value as an initialization argument.
- Line 577 of pdf.lisp: Causes an error if :cl-pdf-parser isn't loaded, since the function is defined there.
- Line 645 of pdf.lisp: Some Common Lisp implementations might still trip up on nested feature expressions.
- ACL, by default, signals a warning on nested reader conditionals, since the behavior changed in ACL 8.0.