Edit history: 2004-06-16, Version 1 by Christophe Rhodes
Status: For CLiki consideration
- Problem Description:
- The Description section in the specification for #H(prog2) states that it returns the primary value of the first form in the body. This is in contradiction with the Syntax description as well as with common sense.
- Proposal (PROG2-RETURN-VALUE:SECOND-FORM):
- Alter the Description section for #H(prog2) to specify that the return value is the primary value of the second form in the body.
- Test case:
- (prog2 1 2)
- Current practice:
- No known implementation is incompatible with proposal PROG2-RETURN-VALUE:SECOND-FORM.
- Cost to Implementors:
- Cost to Users:
- Cost of Non-Adoption:
- Continued need to explain the infelicities of the specification editing process.
- Specification will match reality more closely.