Edit history: 2004-07-20, Version 1 by Bruno Haible
Status: For CLiki consideration
- Problem Description:
- The writeability or otherwise of condition slots is a little unclear. DEFINE-CONDITION's Syntax allows :writer and :accessor, though the Description does not specify them, and the issues seem to imply that conditions were meant to be read-only objects.
- Proposal (DEFINE-CONDITION-WRITERS:ALLOW):
- Document the :writer and :accessor slot options.
- Test case:
- (define-condition my-error (error) ((slot :accessor my-error-slot)))
- Consistency with DEFCLASS.
- Current practice:
- SBCL and CLISP support writable condition slots.
- Cost to Implementors:
- Implement :writer and :accessor option if they haven't already done so.
- Cost to Users:
- Cost of Non-Adoption:
- Unclear spec.
- Clarity, and consistency of define-condition and defclass.
- Bruno Haible supports proposal ALLOW.