Library management / installation / Handling Packages
- Quicklisp - A popular way of obtaining lisp libraries
- asdf - System definition, aka Makefiles(in some implementation like sbcl, this is already installed by default)
General purpose utility libraries and commonly used libraries
- alexandria - Collection of portable general purpose utilities. Used by a large number of other projects.
- iterate - iterate is a lispy and extensible replacement for the LOOP macro.
- closer-mop - A popular compatibility library allowing portable access to the MOP across implementations.
- Regular expressions: cl-ppcre - highly useful and fast regular expressions engine.
- Pattern Matching: optima - ML-style optimized pattern matcher.
System and low level management
- Threads: Bordeaux-Threads
- Files and directories: CL-FAD
- OS Interface:
- Foreign language interface:
- Memory management: trivial-garbage includes support for finalization and weak hash tables
- Log4CL is high performance extensible logging library for Common Lisp
- FiveAM is a simple regression testing framework
- Stefil is a test framework, and its philosophy is to stay as transparent as possible
- CLUnit is unit testing framework designed to be easy to use
Graphics librariesGraphical User Interface:
Graphical drawing library:
- vecto < cl-vectors < zpng : writing vector graphics on PNG format.
- cl-cairo2 : cairo binding for Common Lisp.
Web developmentHTTP server and frameworks:
- Hunchentoot web server
- RESTAS web framework
- Clack web application environment for Common Lisp inspired by Python's WSGI and Ruby's Rack
- ningle lightweight web application framework
- Sytes is a small Common Lisp library for building simple website
- Drakma - an HTTP/HTTPS client library with session managements and more.
- CL-DBI Database independent interface for Common Lisp
- postmodern: designed for PostgreSQL
- hu.dwim.rdbms: nicer API than CLSQL; but not as many backends yet
- hu.dwim.perec: the ORM of choice (if you're into ORMs at all...); based on hu.dwim.rdbms
- Character encoding/decoding: flexi-streams - focus on features
- Character encoding/decoding: babel - focus on speed
- Character categories, etc: cl-unicode
- Localization (number formats, etc): cl-l10n